Rook and Aurelia Too


8/17/2008

17 Weeks Older

This is where my parents keep my diapers. Got Diapers?
Posted by Picasa
Posted by Rook Wells Roberts at 8/17/2008 05:53:00 PM

No comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Contributors

  • Audra Roberts
  • Rook Wells Roberts
  • Unknown
  • matthewd124

Blog Archive

  • ►  2012 (12)
    • ►  December (1)
    • ►  November (1)
    • ►  October (1)
    • ►  September (1)
    • ►  August (1)
    • ►  July (1)
    • ►  June (1)
    • ►  May (1)
    • ►  April (1)
    • ►  March (1)
    • ►  February (1)
    • ►  January (1)
  • ►  2011 (12)
    • ►  December (1)
    • ►  November (1)
    • ►  October (1)
    • ►  September (1)
    • ►  August (1)
    • ►  July (1)
    • ►  June (1)
    • ►  May (1)
    • ►  April (1)
    • ►  March (1)
    • ►  February (1)
    • ►  January (1)
  • ►  2010 (12)
    • ►  December (1)
    • ►  November (1)
    • ►  October (1)
    • ►  September (1)
    • ►  August (1)
    • ►  July (1)
    • ►  June (1)
    • ►  May (1)
    • ►  April (1)
    • ►  March (1)
    • ►  February (1)
    • ►  January (1)
  • ►  2009 (26)
    • ►  December (1)
    • ►  November (1)
    • ►  October (1)
    • ►  September (1)
    • ►  August (1)
    • ►  July (1)
    • ►  June (1)
    • ►  May (2)
    • ►  April (4)
    • ►  March (5)
    • ►  February (4)
    • ►  January (4)
  • ▼  2008 (39)
    • ►  December (4)
    • ►  November (5)
    • ►  October (4)
    • ►  September (5)
    • ▼  August (4)
      • 18 Weeks Older
      • 17 Weeks Older
      • 16 Weeks Older
      • 15 Weeks Older
    • ►  July (4)
    • ►  June (5)
    • ►  May (4)
    • ►  April (3)
    • ►  February (1)

All About Me

I'm Rook Roberts. My dad is Matthew and my mom is Audra. This is my blog and it's all about my life, and my little sister Aurelia, each month, to let friends and family know how I'm doing and let them see how much I've grown.

Baby Pictures of Dad

Baby Pictures of Mom

Great Grandma's Poem

Little Rook

You are better than a bishop and a knight and are equal to 5 pawns

A cornerstone, a winning piece


Things I don't like

  • When Dad puts me underwater
  • Long car rides
  • My own bed
  • Having pens taken away

Things Rook Likes

  • Chairs to climb on the counter
  • Light Switches
  • Mom and Dad's Bed
  • Curious George
  • Playing Outside
  • Swimming
  • Anything that colors/writes

Some favorite songs


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Mom's version of the story


January 15, 2010

I was talking on the phone and Rook was watching George in our room. After I got off the phone, I went to go check on Rook in our room. Rook was playing in his room behind the curtain screaming laughing having a fun time. He came out and played peek a boo. He did not have a diaper on! Apparently he took off his pants and diaper in our room and wanting to show off himself in his room. It was a pain getting a diaper and pants on that kid he would just roll, kick and just laugh.
________________________________________________________________________

January 29, 2010

I went to make something for me to eat out of the pantry; Rook comes in and starts grabbing the mints container. I took one out and closed the door. I gave it to him with the wrapper on to see what he would do. He ended up taking off the wrapper, and he went over to the trash can and put the wrapper in it. I made a big deal about it, I was so proud.
_______________________________________________________________________
February 1, 2010

I was switching out the loads of laundry and I heard Rook run down the hall and throw something in the trash in the kitchen. I figured I would check it out later. Later I went into our bedroom and I found that he had fun with some toilet paper, I rolled up what I could then I went and throw out the toilet paper. I went into the kitchen to see what he had thrown into the trash if anything; it ended up being the wrapper to the toilet paper.
________________________________________________________________________

March 10, 2010

I went into the baby’s room and found the box of books that were on the dresser on the floor with the books all over the place. I also found that the Burts bees’ gift package was open and a full bottle all over the chair in there smeared in. Rook saw me, he screamed and he pushed me out of the way so he could leave the room. He then ran into our room got on your side of the bed and put a pillow over him.

Today is already looking like it is going to be the best day.
________________________________________________________________________

April 14, 2010

I went to go check on Rook and found him camouflaged on your side of the bed underneath a pillow. I smelled a little something. So I didn’t think anything of it so I went to change him. Then I noticed while I was changing him something all over his hand and then closer inspection showed something else on his foot. I decided that at this point he is getting into the tub. Then I decided to explore where he had decided to redecorate himself was. I first looked in our room on the bed. I had found a wooden spoon with his self made decor all over it. Yeah, I think that my day will just be great today.
________________________________________________________________________

June 2, 2010

I put Aurelia down in the family room, in her bouncer chair this morning. I come back and Rook put his tools on top of her. I guess that he is sharing.
________________________________________________________________________

June 23, 2010

I was making enchiladas, by the oven. And the phone rings it was Out of Area. Rook heard the phone ringing and he got up on the chair, I am assuming to answer the phone on the counter. I looked at him and said no. Then I continued working on the enchiladas. Didn’t think anything of the phone. It was ringing forever and I thought that it was just going to kick on the answering machine. Then I thought I was hearing voices. Then I looked at the phone and it said line in use. Then I thought that they were just leaving a message. I then picked up the phone and it was just a fax machine line sound. I hung up and still noticed that the phone still said line in use.

I turned around. Rook got the phone off of the end table in the family room. He quickly said "Hello, Good-Bye" and then he handed me the phone.
________________________________________________________________________

June 29, 2010

Rook is asleep and I put Aurelia on the floor to stretch out in the living room. I was responding to an email and I heard and thump noise. No crying or anything I decided to get up and check on her just in case. I walked in and she was looking right at me smiling. She had scooted half of her body inside of the book case and was thumping her feet on the wood. It was a little funny to watch.
________________________________________________________________________

June 30, 2010

I decided to be a little domesticated this morning by folding laundry. Aurelia is a sleep and Rook was just playing in the play room. As I am putting away some laundry. I hear from Rook "Ah Yuck! Ag, Yuck!" I looked at him he was coming out of the playroom carrying a diaper. He was holding it with both ends, so I am assuming if there was contents in it would spill out. I looked at Rook and thanked him, and said lets change your diaper. He agreed. After closer examination there was poop all down his leg and there was a lot of poop IN the diaper. I felt it could have been worse. At least he didn't play in it and he brought it to my attention and Aurelia wasn't screaming or needing my assistance at the same time. There was only a tiny bit of pooh in the carpet I found in the play area and it cleaned right up.

We probably should invest in a gallon of resolve it for future use. :)
________________________________________________________________________

July 1, 2010

I found Rook this morning sitting in front of the TV and when he saw me he showed me what he had done. He took off his poopy diaper and got it all over the flower, cloth hanger, blanket and I think to on a pillow. I clean Rook up in the bath tub and went to work on decontaminating the family room. After I was done. I thought that I should check our room, since I was not quite sure when the diaper came off. Well....... I definitely have to wash the sheets and bedding today off of our bed.
________________________________________________________________________

July 6, 2010

When I was changing Rook’s diaper he stood up on the changing table and said “I’m tall” then later I was sorting laundry and had a big pile of clothes to be put in the wash. He goes and runs onto them and stands up on the pile and says “I’m tall”.



July 7, 2010

While I was in the bathroom. Rook had climbed into Aurelia’s crib. When I came out. I went to check on Aurelia. I just saw the happiest smile.

I then picked up Aurelia and took her into the family room. Right before that Rook had managed to turn on the stereo.

I come back into Aurelia’s room to check on Rook and didn’t even make it down the hall, he had ran out of Aurelia’s room, managing to get out of the crib holding a container of hair wax.
________________________________________________________________________

July 7, 2010

As I’m typing on the computer. I heard something scuffling. I went to go check on the kids. Aurelia is sleeping. Rook was hiding behind the table.

He had gotten the big bag of m&ms from Costco off of the counter and was going to town. He saw me and he didn’t have any facial expression. He just handed me an m&m.
________________________________________________________________________

July 8, 2010

Rook was listening to my phone and going around the house dancing with it. Then the fun ended when I was listening to the music and discovered he had put it in the dirty diapers.
________________________________________________________________________

July 12, 2010

Rook has this thing that he has to go around the house and find his own food. Today he went into the pantry, I was sitting in the family room with Aurelia and I heard him in the pantry. I asked Rook what are you doing? I got up and approached the pantry. He dumped Teddy Grahams all over the floor and his response was “Getting food”.
________________________________________________________________________

July 13, 2010

I am in bed and Rook comes in and puts his finger up to my face and says “chocolate pooh”. His finger was clean and I wasn’t sure what he had meant. I later heard Rook sweeping in the kitchen. I just thought good boy. I got up and changed his diaper, and it was dirty, so I figured, that’s one part of it. Then I went into the kitchen the big bag of m&ms from the counter all dumped on the floor. I guess he wanted all of us to be healthy.
________________________________________________________________________

July 13, 2010

Oh My Gosh!!!! Rook needs to stop answering the phone. I was lying down on the bed and the phone rang. I was hoping if I layed down Rook would take a nap. I ignored it because it was a solicitor call. I thought the machine picked it up because it was about 15 rings. I start hearing a voice, "Is your mommy home?" "Is your mommy home?" I picked up the phone and hung it up.

I thought it was the end of that, but apparently Rook had 2 phones. When I got up to take 1 away, he hurried and got the other one and started talking to the solicitor again.

Back to the bed.
________________________________________________________________________

July 20, 2010

I had bought some Burt's bees and ended up getting a mystery bag with the online shipment. Rook had been eyeing the yellow bag for sometime. Inside the bag were some travel size bars of soap. I guess he thought that they looked fancy and thought that they would taste very delicious. This morning while I was getting out of bed I looked down on the floor in the hallway and there lied a bar of soap. Upon closer inspection were little tiny bite marks. I wonder if he thinks the other ones will taste better.
________________________________________________________________________

August 4, 2010

I took away a permanent marker from Rook and he had a break down in the process. He was furious but it also didn’t help it was nap time. I was on the phone, and had to go in the other room to hear. Then after about 5 minutes, there was silence. Before I was on the phone and checked on Rook, Aurelia was on the floor in the living room on her activity mat with toys dangling on top of her.

Anyway I got off the phone and checked up on the kids. Rook had taken her car seat that was in his room and he had found an old bottle in the house with a little bit of leftover milk in it. The car seat was now next to Aurelia and Rook was sticking the bottle in her mouth. Of course Aurelia is just so happy around Rook. Rook was just being a big brother taking care of his sister. I didn’t even make an issue out of it. How could I when he was just helping his helpless sister who was not even crying.

Traffic Tracker

Blogs of Friends and Family

  • Fuller Family News Blog
  • Healy Blog
  • Huber Family
  • Just Being Moody
  • Lil Bear's Big Adventures
  • The Loar Family
  • TRIBUTE TO THE GREATS
Watermark theme. Theme images by Jason Morrow. Powered by Blogger.